ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create / maintain SQL queries, statements, and RS reports
- Routine database tasks such as manual data import / export and ad hoc queries
- Install, support, and provide end-user training for database-driven applications
- Research customer requests related to reporting needs
- Maintain documentation for repeating tasks
- Verify backups run successfully each day
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) in a technical or computer science major from a four-year college or university and at least one year related technical experience.
- Technical experience and professional IT certification may be considered if no degree or if degree is in a non-technical major.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and/or comparable software for end users
- Knowledge and expertise that will enable the employee to quickly intuit or locate solutions to support inquiries, if not already known.
- Experience with SQL, particularly Microsoft’s implementation of T-SQL.
- The ability to discern and implement solutions in response to requests that fit within the established college workflow and do not adversely affect other departments.
- Only rudimentary support, if any, for specialized programs that are approved and installed in only limited areas (e.g., Adobe products, MS Dynamics GP, Financial Aid software, Millennium, Moodle, etc.).
- Familiarity with Crystal Reports preferred