Job ID: 301169
Senior Database Administrator
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Senior Database Administrator - ESD Compute - Full-Time, Days - 400 W River Woods Pkwy - Glendale, WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies is one of the nation’s largest healthcare information technology services organizations.
We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
• Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
• Improve efficiency and care transitions
• Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
• Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
What You Will Do
As a Senior Database Administrator with Ascension Technologies, you will have the opportunity to serve as an expert resource to assigned areas regarding the design of databaseinfrastructures and the design and completion of large, complex projects.
- Plan future development efforts and support needs, develop database technology oriented plans
- Perform monitoring, tuning and capacity planning analysis of the production and test database environments
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Work with vendors on installation and support of database solutions and analyze the impact of new releases of application software
- Provide documentation as needed for the database team as well as other Ascension Technology associates
- Be available as a resource for application project efforts and guide solution development analysts on database technical issues
- As the primary DBA provide administration and support for multiple database environments
- Ensure that servers are backed up using the enterprise backup solution
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team environment for customers both local and national
- Establish and maintain databasesecurity using established Ascension Technology standards
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degreepreferred or equivalent experience.
- Four years of experiencepreferred.
- Experience preferred with Microsoft SQL Server (2014, 2016), including SSIS.
- Experience with SSAS and SSRS preferred
- Experience preferred in supporting a 24x7 environment. Experience in Healthcare preferred.
- Familiar with database servers hosted in a virtual environment including VMWare or Hyper-V.
- Experience with High Availability / Disaster Recovery technology preferred including SQL AlwaysOn or Replication
- Experience with Microsoft Azure preferred along with exposure to Github, Ansible or Pivotal.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.