The Senior Database Administrator position requires a mix of database engineering and design along with hands-on, technical support work. A successful candidate will have experience in being a Database Administrator that started moving into DevOps area. The Sr DBA will support, configure, tune, and troubleshoot multi-node database systems to achieve optimal application performance, stability and availability (99.99). The Sr DBA will work closely with the database and application architects, cloud engineers, development and QA teams, operations team, and information security team.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you will be responsible for:
* Support day-to-day operations with large scale, highly available, reliable, high performing transactional (OLTP) databases, hosted in multiple data-centers
* Provide Oracle expertise with performing database operations with minimum (or zero) downtime
* Be liaison for database related problems between operations, architecture, development and QA groups
* Automate routine database operations using scripting or cloud automation tools
* Mentor junior DBAs
About the Team:
Luna is the public face of Akamai to our customers, and the control-plane into the Akamai network comprised of hundreds of thousands of servers across the world. It provides customers the means to configure rules for content delivery, to publish content, monitor and analyze performance, diagnose and resolve problems, schedule capacity for special events, and access billing information, among other things. The Luna team is in the midst of a massive re-architecture of our “Platform as a Service” (PaaS), which enables these capabilities.
Required Education and Experience:
* 6 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant degree, or
* 4 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree in computer science or relevant degree, or
* 1 years of relevant experience and a PHD degree in computer science or relevant degree
* 5+ years of experience with large database administration in Oracle
* 5+ years of experience as Oracle DBA with routine automation experience
* 3+ years of experience in scripting languages (preferably, shell + SQL/PLSQL) used to automate administrative tasks
* 5+ years of experience supporting highly available transactional systems (4-9s), with advanced knowledge of Oracle troubleshooting and performance tuning for PL/SQL and the database itself.
* An understanding of cloud database solutions (e.g. AWS, Oracle Cloud, MS Azure), and experience supporting database solutions in the Cloud
* Hands-on experience with Oracle tools: Cloud Control/OEM, ASM, RMAN
* Support experience for Oracle DB options: Compression, TDE, Multi-tenant
* Configuration and support experience with HA/DR solutions – Oracle Active Data Guard, RAC
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience working with culturally diverse and geographically distributed teams.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with Program Management, InfoSec, Engineering, QA, and Operations personnel.
* Deep Understanding of data replication principals
* Ability to work independently