Senior Data Warehouse Architect
IMPACT and OPPORTUNITY
The Senior Data Warehouse Architect will be responsible for defining, articulating, implementing and realizing our Information and data architecture strategy to meet the strategic IT goals of Gentherm. This role will involve a broad spectrum of applications, information, technical, data and business architectures with an Enterprise focus across a global group of stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a subject matter expert of Gentherm’s Information and data architecture program, defining and implementing standards and processes to ensure alignment with the architectural strategy and goals of the business
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure data architecture alignment with key portfolio initiatives based on cost, functionality and practicality
- Leads and owns the design of the technical and information architecture for the data warehouse, proposing holistic innovative solutions from a working comprehension of the ‘as-is ‘functionality across the enterprise. This extends to all information structures (staging area, data lake, data marts, and operational data stores).
- Participate in development and maintenance of the database architecture and recommend solutions to business needs including creating structure where none exists for reporting/analytics database solutions using modern techniques and programming language
- Champion data quality and effective use of available information
- Develop various ETL processes and prepare OLAP cubes, troubleshoot ETL processes and resolve issues effectively.
- Analyze all data warehouse architecture goals and identify skill requirement for same.
- Conceptualize, assist and design the solution for integrating Master Data Management Domains and BI.
- Define, design, maintain, and manage architecture models, frameworks and artifacts (e.g. current and future state application architecture diagrams, data models, etc.)
- Identify and promote best practices and patterns for data modeling and provide oversight for all activities related to data cleansing, data quality and data consolidation using standard data modeling methodologies.
- Mentor team members to deliver solutions as well as expand their awareness of technology aspects of the enterprise
- Help develop and deliver multi-year DWH modernization roadmap plans in partnership with the IT team
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Finance or Engineering. Or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in the application of information technologies to business solutions)
- 7+ years of experience serving as a Data Warehouse and Big Data Architect, program manager of large IT projects/programs and/or similar role in a large, complex organization
- Minimum 7+ years of experience with various technology and application integration projects
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in with process improvements or data architecture implementations
- Hand-on experience working within various databases like Oracle, SQL Server, and BI Platforms like Power BI, Tableau is a plus
- 8+ years’ experience in Data Analytics, Data Warehousing and BI; Solution Delivery - hands-on from a solution architecture perspective
- Current Hands-on experience with or conceptual understanding of MS Azure, AWS, Snowflake, Web, API, ETL, Data Technologies on Microsoft/AWS/Open Source technology stack
- Experience leading and managing an enterprise development workstream involving several systems and diverse skillsets
- Hands-on experience designing, implementing and deploying Power BI dashboards and integrating it with backend Data Warehouse, both on-prem and cloud, based on the data visualization needs of the business
- Experience with enterprise applications like Oracle or SAP ERP, CRM, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive change in a complex matrix environment
- Tier 1 Automotive supplier experience
- Deliver Results
- Understand the mission and output of your team; set SMART objectives and deliver
- Drive Change
- Focus on agility and commitment to continuous improvement; Understand and act on internal and external drivers of change
- Build Capability
- Foster a culture of learning and development; Support individual growth through continuous feedback to achieve personal and professional goals
- Cultivate Innovation
- Openly embrace, create, implement and support new and innovative ideas, processes and technology that deliver business results