What you will be doing
At Micro Technologies, Data Visualization Specialists are responsible for turning abstract information from data analyses into appealing and understandable visualizations that improve business insights from the results of the analyses. They are creative thinkers who understand user interface design and apply visualizations skills such as user experience design, data visualization and graphical design. Individuals in this role understand how information is turned into knowledge and how this knowledge supports and enables key business processes. They must have a good understanding of data access requirements for business analytics and exploration. Also required are analytical skills, the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, as well as an innate curiosity around wanting to understand business processes, business strategy and strategic business initiatives to help drive incremental business value from enterprise data assets.
- Works on complex, major or highly visible tasks and projects as a project team member, sometimes as a project lead.
- Works on projects that may span a broad range of technologies.
- Expertise in multiple technical environments and possesses business knowledge that spans one or more business areas.
- Participates in project planning processes.
- Identifies project tasks and leads or assists with project timeline estimations.
- Works with other team members and business stakeholders to drive development of business analytics requirements.
- Leverages knowledge of business processes and data domain.
- Brings deep expertise in data visualization tools and techniques in translating business analytics needs into data visualization and semantic data access requirements.
- Works with data engineers to facilitate technical design of complex data sourcing, transformation and aggregation logic, ensuring business analytics requirements are met.
- Leverages enterprise standard tools and platforms to visualize analytics insights, typically working with and/or leading a small team.
- Ensures functional and non-functional visualization requirements are met.
- Performs knowledge transfer around using data visualizations to business stakeholders.
- Helps drive business stakeholder adoption of insights-driven decision making and/or business process innovation.
- Drives development of and adherence to data visualization standards.
- May provide technical direction and oversee testing of business analytics solutions.
- May provide technical leadership for the definition and development of test plans and system documentation.
- Leads testing to ensure business analytics solutions meet user specifications.
- Provides technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Provides technical guidance or system process expertise.
- Develops reports and presentations for senior management, as needed.
- Evaluates new visualization tools and performs research on best practices.
- Participates in POC projects and provides business analytics solutions recommendations.
- Conceptualize, design and develop data visualization solutions that synthesize data concepts into clear communications for key business stakeholders.
- Drive adoption of data and insights-driven business decision making processes and analytics-enabled business process innovation.
- Collaborate with data engineers and analytics and subject matter experts to identify useful and strategically relevant insights.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of visual design and interest in creative visualization work.
- Assist in developing best practices for data presentation and sharing across the organization.
- Demonstrate an ability to know and understand the audience and the information the audience needs.
- Demonstrate an ability to reduce data to the bare minimum of what is needed to optimally communicate a message.
- Demonstrate a drive to learn new tools and new ways of visualizing/displaying data and insights.
- Work closely with business users, vendors and delivery teams to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of business analytics and reporting solutions.
- Show strong team building and creative thinking skills, and a desire to “make a difference”.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- 5-10 years of experience in developing business analytics solutions, focusing on requirements gathering and effective visualization of insights.
- 5-10 Years of experience with data visualization/BI tools, such as Qlik or Tableau, SQL and semantic data access mechanisms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
- Experience in driving analytics-enabled business process innovation.
- Has a broad level of understanding surrounding business information systems.
- Experience in leading small project teams and streams.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
- Experience designing, developing and testing business
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.