$100K — $150K *
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities - Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities - provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad.
Follow PPL Corporation on social media
Follow PPL Electric Utilities on social media
PPL Electric Stories
Regular or Temporary
Full-time or Part-timeFull-Time
PPL’s Data & Analytics Office is seeking a Data Visualization Engineer to be an integral part of the Digital Transformation. The Data Visualization Engineer designs and implements processes and dashboards to support the PPL organization. They work with the business stakeholders to identify KPIs, and work with the business to rapidly generate impactful, interactive visualizations. This role will report to the BI & Analytics Manager.
Business Insights and Data Visualization:
1. Collaborate with Data Scientists, Data Engineers to help visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of visual formats that appropriately provides insights to the organization
2. Distill quantitative and qualitative data to communicate compelling stories that drive functional and technical performance improvements
3. Develop intuitive and attractive static and interactive data visualizations for stakeholders using a variety of data sources
4. Support reporting and related project efforts as prioritized by the business
5. Interpret and produce unique data visualizations for a variety of business users and needs, including reports, briefs, and presentations
Communicate results through presentations, reports, tools, and data
6. Create and maintain insightful and action-oriented visualization solutions in the form of advanced dashboards and workbooks using Power BI, SQL, Qlik Sense, Alteryx, Tableau, Spotfire, and other BI tools
7. Establish data visualization standards and explore new, cutting-edge tools to periodically raise those standards
8. Maintain expertise in skills related to dashboard production, like demographics, geolocation/geocoding, data enhancement, data modeling, ETL, etc.
9. Develop a style guide detailing the standard for best practice on data visualization for the IT organization
10. Empower the IT organization and functional resources to develop data visualization skills by adhering to the style guide through training and written communication
11. Continuously improve data architecture by analyzing issues, discovering root causes, and providing recommendations for solutions
12. Optimize performance of dashboard design decisions on underlying data sources
13. Provide technical recommendations on the development and implementation of data-related standards
14. Adhere to enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards, and practices to achieve the required level of consistency, quality, and protection
15. May be assigned an Electric Utilities emergency and storm role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related work experience OR 8 years of related work experience
2. Business intelligence and data warehouse experience with implementation, development, and support of BI solutions
3. Experience using SQL, Power BI, Qlik Sense, Alteryx, Tableau, Spotfire, and/or other BI tools
4. Proficiency in a business intelligence reporting tool (e.g., Power BI, Cognos, MicroStrategy, SAP Business Objects, SAS, Oracle OBIEE)
5. Experience using databases/SQL for optimization and creation of reporting data sources
6. Knowledge of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
7. Strong communication skills and ability to clarify or resolve discrepancies
8. Awareness of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
9. Awareness of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
10. Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks
11. Highly self-motivated and directed with attention to detail
12. Easily adapts to changing circumstances
13. Understands business goals and strategic priorities
The company reserves the right to determine if this position will be assigned to work on-site, remotely, or a combination of both. Assigned work location may change. In the case of remote work, physical presence in the office/on-site may be required to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
Experience supporting fast-changing business organizations
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
Valid through: 7/6/2021