To build models using advanced analytic techniques, driving targeting, treatment and segmentation insights.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops queries and performs extensive programming to access, transform and prepare data for statistical modeling. Identifies and diagnoses data inconsistencies and errors, forages to fill data gaps and blazes new data trails. Creates derived characteristics.
2. Designs and develops models to target marketing and service offers. Supports production implementation of models, and validates models. Creates model documentation.
3. Performs deep dive diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics for customer behavioral segmentation, look-alike targeting, growth opportunity estimation and next best action identification.
4. Prepares and delivers insight presentations and action recommendations. Communicates complex material in layman’s terms. Educates leaders and crew on analytical findings and implications using storytelling, data visualization and graphical artisanship.
5. Designs analytic plans, translating business problems/opportunities into analytic approaches. Engages with project sponsors and stakeholders to understand each business question. Probes for hidden questions and goals. Brings structure to each request and translates requirements into an analytic approach.
6. Analyzes data to describe client behavior and preferences, understand channel usage, diagnose client experience problems, size marketing opportunity, target clients for treatment and measure the impact of marketing and servicing initiatives. Identifies and utilizes appropriate analytic methods and specialized tools to generate insights, answer the business questions and fulfill project objectives. Seeks out innovative approaches and techniques.
7. Guides test design, research design and model validation. Provides statistical consultation services. Serves as the analytics expert on cross functional teams for large strategic initiatives.
8. Develops and applies domain knowledge of Vanguard’s businesses and data to shape the analytic road map.
9. Contributes to the growth of the analytic community.
10. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.