Whip Media Group is adding a Senior Data Scientist to our consumer platforms team, which encompasses our TV Time consumer product as well as our premier entertainment metadata platform, theTVDB. This team is based primarily in Santa Monica, but we’re open to data science candidates working remotely.
In this role, you will be the primary driver of all data science services and initiatives for our those products and possibly others down the line. These initiatives will include translating our business goals and ideas into data-driven features for our ~15 million users as well as helping determine how best to keep growing our global user base. We are looking for a talented problem-solver who thinks outside the box, is versatile but also delivers reliable and efficient systems.
What Will You Do?
- Translate our business strategy into a data science and machine learning vision; then digest that vision into short/long term plans on how we get there
- Create, maintain, and iterate on algorithms and machine learning systems with which millions of users will engage every month, including a content recommendation engine and user experience optimizations
- Collaborate with product management, engineering (platform, mobile, and data), UX research & design, and data insights teams to ensure we're driving the right metrics for our larger business. This may include work on user personas, predictive models around lifetime value and churn, A/B testing, sample balancing, and designing an achievement system
- Participate in the larger data science initiatives throughout the company
What Do You Need?
- 3+ years working as a Senior/Lead Data Scientist
- 2+ years building churn models, LTV models, user segmentations, and/or other product and marketing focused predictive analytics
- History of leading projects alongside other functions that produced game-changing work
- Extensive experience architecting complex algorithms/data products, extensive knowledge on recommendation systems preferred
- Background in designing and instituting “production quality” machine learning algorithms
- Deep understanding of python, docker, a variety of ML toolkits
- Ability to write complex SQL queries and a strong understanding of relational databases
- A passion for technology and the newest services!
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or a related technical field preferred, MS required