At Sonos, we're passionate about bringing music into every home. To fulfill this mission, we have developed an unquenchable thirst for data. We use data to understand how our products are performing, which features need to be improved, design future products, and learn how our customers experience music in their homes. If you like music and data, this is a dream job.
The ideal candidate is a creative and passionate problem-solver who thinks big and is motivated to improve products using quantitative techniques.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
What You’ll Do
- Work with engineering teams to define, capture, and analyze data in order to understand the customer experience, find pain points, identify error states, and measure if we are achieving our product goals.
- Work with data engineering to design the data processing needed for our analytics pipeline.
- Identify trends and correlations in the data that will inform Product KPIs, work with data engineering and data analysts to build dashboards.
- Identify business problems where you can apply machine learning techniques, build prototypes, and work with engineering to productize.
- Communicate methodology, insights and recommended areas for further research to engineering teams and group leaders.
Skills You’ll Need
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience applying statistical data analysis to real-world problems
- 5+ years’ experience with data transformation and analysis tools and languages including SQL, R, and Python
- Experience with distributed computing (Hadoop/Spark)
- Experience in building machine learning solutions and optimization techniques
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills – the ability to present data and analysis in a way that doesn’t require a statistical background to understand