Who You Are:
- An experienced Data Scientist with a passion for digging deep and finding trends that others may miss
- You can release high-quality, production-ready products. This requires rapid iterations, robust debate, and technical skills. The better you are at writing code, the more efficiently we can release a product that's used daily to make critical decisions.
- Seen as an active contributor in the team problem-solving-process – you aren’t afraid to share your opinions in a low-ego manner
- You enjoy solving challenging problems, all while having a blast with equally passionate and talented team members
- You are comfortable and enjoy working with data. This requires a high level of mathematical and statistical literacy and an intense interest in applying quantitative analysis to real-world problems
- You can extract meaning from data. Our product lives and dies based on the accuracy of our data-driven advice
- You are intellectually honest, not fooled by randomness, and obsessive about details
- You are well versed in techniques such as statistical analysis, exploratory analysis, and predictive analysis
What you'll be doing:
- Rapidly design and implement machine learning and data products that our enterprise customers and internal teams will use to make informed data-backed decisions
- Design and implement the data and analytics products that are leveraged by our enterprise customers
- Provide data insights back to the organization in an accessible and end-user friendly manner
- Collaborate with software engineers, data engineers, and fellow scientists to create the best solutions for our customers internally and externally
- Work closely with stakeholders and contribute your suggestions to build optimal solutions
- Implement algorithms with modern software development and delivery techniques
- Remain up-to-date with the latest trends in data science and bring that knowledge to life in our products and analysis
- Be flexible to handle other duties as assigned
What you'll bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Data Science, Applied Mathematics, or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Data Scientist, Data Engineer, or Machine Learning Engineer
- 3-5 years of experience with Python/Java and SQL as it pertains to Data Analytics / Data Mining
- Deep familiarity with BI/Data tools such as Tableau, Spark, Snowflake.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, C#, Docker, Apache Kafka a plus!
- Strong background in Machine Learning a must. Focus on recommendation systems, natural language processing (NLP), Bayesian estimation, or reinforcement learning would be a plus.