- Post-graduate degree in machine learning, computer science, statistics, mathematics, engineering or related field
- Programming experience in languages such as R or Python
- Experience in implementing statistical modelling and machine learning methods
- Experience in applying data science methods to commercial problems
- Some R&D experience in machine learning, statistics, or reinforcement learning
- Extensive experience with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow or PyTorch is essential
- Good presentation and communication skills, with a knack for explaining complex analytical concepts to people from
- Flexibility to travel to client locations across North America
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
As a data scientist at QuantumBlack, you will work with other data scientists, data engineers, machine learning engineers, designers and project managers on interdisciplinary projects, using maths, stats and machine learning to derive structure and knowledge from raw data across various industry sectors.
Who you are
You are a highly collaborative individual who is capable of laying aside your own agenda, listening to and learning from colleagues, challenging thoughtfully and prioritizing impact. You search for ways to improve things and work collaboratively with colleagues. You believe in iterative change, experimenting with new approaches, learning and improving to move forward quickly.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Senior Data Scientist at QuantumBlack in Montreal...
- You will solve the hardest business problems with our clients in multiple industries worldwide while leading research and development of state-of-the-art Machine learning and statistical methods.
- You will play a leading role in bringing the latest advances in deep learning to the world economy, collaborating with industry executives and QuantumBlack experts to find and execute opportunities to improve business performance using data and advanced machine learning models.
- The role is ideal for a candidate with a strong R&D background in Machine Learning, combined with a passion for bringing the latest research to real applications. We welcome candidates interested in transitioning from a pure academic R&D background into an applied industry role.
- You will also have the opportunity to grow a team of Data Scientists in Montreal that will live at the intersection of R&D and practical application of AI at scale, while collaborating with Data Science experts from other QuantumBlack hubs in Boston, Chicago, London, Sidney, and Sao Paolo.
- Identify Machine Learning R&D initiatives that have a high potential of applicability in industry.
- Work with Quantumblack leadership and Client executives to understand business problems and map them to state-of-the-art analytics and AI solutions.
- Use the latest advances in Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, and AI, to solve business problems and derive key insights across various industry sectors including Formula 1, pharma, automotive and high-tech.
- Work with the recruiting team to build an R&D focused team of data scientists in Montreal.
- Build and maintain strong links with the academic world and constantly share ideas and stay ahead of the curve on the latest methods.
- Mentor other data scientists and help them grow their knowledge and skills.
- Work closely with Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and Designers to build end-to-end analytics solutions for our clients that drive real impact in the real world.
- Influence and help shape the R&D roadmap for QuantumBlack, especially on Deep Learning.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment mixing highly skilled people in data science, data engineering, business and design.
- Perhaps most importantly, you will work in one of the most talented and diverse data science teams in the world.