Deep Labs is a rapidly growing artificial intelligence company that helps businesses reduce fraud and identity theft, optimize customer experience, and make better business decisions.
Our Mission: At Deep Labs, we believe Persona-Based Intelligence is the next generation of true context-aware computing. Our mission is to be the world leader in the delivery of persona-based decisioning through innovation and technology, enabling our clients to make faster and better decisions while improving customer experience.
Deep Labs is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic Lead Data Scientist to help grow the Deep Labs AI team while designing & building solutions for some of our client's most challenging problems. The ideal candidate will have a strong background working with data, experience applying machine learning and deep learning techniques to real-world problems, and a natural curiosity and desire to experiment, evaluate and solve problems as part of a fast-paced and growing, product-driven technology team. The role reports to the Director, Data Science & Engineering.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead the team in analyzing and drawing insights from big data sets applying Deep Labs’ unique technology, network analytics, dimensionality reduction; lead the efforts in identifying data & features opportunities and planning for enriching/integrating data from various sources.
- Architect an iterative design, development & validation of structured & unstructured models, leveraging best practices in Data Science, Deep Learning techniques (including reinforcement learning, graph learning), and Deep Lab’s cutting-edge technology; guide the implementation and identify improvements; identify relevant explainability techniques
- Seek and bring in the latest developments and research in ML and Data Science technologies, design ways to incorporate relevant technologies; train and mentor other Data Scientists in their application
- Produce modular & scalable sophisticated analytics tools and rich capabilities across MLOps spectrum, help shape the design and roadmap of the overall platform; iterate & enhance existing platform tools to created customized solutions for specific client use cases
- Communicate findings, results, and business outcomes concisely and clearly with a variety of technical & non-technical stakeholders, in support of the expansion of our unique platform.
Experience we're seeking
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a dedicated data scientist role; modeling fraud/risk, preferably in one or more of the following domains: finance, payments, banking, risk, fraud, identity or customer analytics
- Hands-on experience with various unsupervised and anomaly detection algorithms, and knowledge of semi-supervised approaches
- Experience with feature construction of time-series data
- Strong knowledge and experience of Python and associated data manipulation/analysis libraries
- Working knowledge of open-source machine/deep learning tools and frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, pytorch, h2o.ai, Databricks, scikit-learn), & experience on public cloud environments (e.g. Google GCP or Amazon AWS)
- Experience developing ethical and interpretable models
- Keen interest and desire to stay abreast of the latest developments in AI research and industry
Preferred skills & education
- Masters or PhD level qualification in computer science, mathematics, or related discipline
- Experience applying graph algorithms, graph embedding, Hidden Markov Model in model development
- Knowledge and experience of good software engineering practices
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact within a global team environment
- Strong analytics and quantitative skills; strong attention to detail.
We are a global group of unique, accomplished professionals who value the sharing of ideas, respect our diverse differences and values, are trusted advisors internally and externally, yearn to drive meaningful change, and continuously explore opportunities to improve. We motivate and support each other and know that each win is a win for us all. Our people are our most valuable asset. Driven by our Core Values, we foster an environment that attracts, motivates, and engages our people to achieve their full potential; individually and as a team.