OGSystems seeks to hire a Data Scientist with strong technical and analytical expertise to explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources to discover patterns and insights. The Data Scientist will use expertise and experience for data wrangling of disparate data sources using ETL methodologies. Expertise in statistics, mathematics, computer science, and software development will be used to design analytical algorithms for data mining, pattern discovery, statistics, mathematics, modelling and machine learning for analytical infrastructure and tools. The Data Scientist will also develop and design analytical processes and workflows, to design and develop advanced analytical reporting systems such as dashboards which meet the objectives of the client.
- MA or MS Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent fields with 10+ years of data science or advance analytical experience OR BA or MS Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent fields with 15+ years of data science or advance analytical experience
- Experience conducting data discovery, data analysis, and reporting of large volumes of data sources
- Experience applying latest technologies in dimension reduction, classification, clustering and machine learning to understand underlying patterns in data
- Experience with applied statistical modeling such as univariate and multivariate regression analysis, principle component analysis, discriminant analysis, and other parametric and non-parametric analytical techniques
- Experienced working with tools such as Tableau, SAS, SPSS or R
- Experience working with clients to document and develop technical specifications of a desired analytical system
- Experience writing technical specifications for data engineers or software developers
- Strong and proven verbal and writing skills
- Experience prototyping languages such as Python or R and a familiarization with scripting languages such as JAVA Script
- TS/SCI Clearance Required with eligibility to obtain Polygraph
- PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent fields with 7+ years of experience in data science or advance analytics
- Familiar with scalable distributed data processing, management and visualization such as Hadoop, ELK, KAFKA, Accumula, Graph databases, etc.
- Subject matter expertise or experience working with at least one of the INTs within the IC or subject matter expertise or experience working with one or more of the DOD CoCOMs
Job ID 2018-1617