Future focused and always one step ahead
Key to the achievement of our goals to become a digital enterprise which leverages data analytics in order to make decisions about current and future risks, you’ll be empowered and expected to support and add to our culture of innovation and the vision for the future of Reinsurance.
The Senior Data Scientist leads complex analytics projects independently to support internal business partners and external clients using statistical, machine learning, deep learning and text mining techniques. This position is critical to analytics function in supporting RD to achieve its 2025 strategic goal of strengthening data & operational advantage. The Senior Data Scientist is responsible for researching and analyzing insurance/reinsurance data for industry trends and key attributes with regard to pricing, underwriting, marketing, claims, and operations.
Major responsibilities include:
- Independently lead analytics projects to help improve the business results or operation efficiencies.
- Provide consultation & clarification on analytics techniques and methodologies
- Perform analytics analysis of insurance data and provide detailed business insights to the stakeholders to facilitate the development of insurance/reinsurance business solutions
- Work with internal business partners and external clients to obtain a good understanding of the needs of the business and the types of complex analysis that support business goals.
- Develop and maintain analytics-ready data sets that will be used for analytics purposes. Ensure data integrity.
- Explore cutting-edge machine learning/deep learning/NLP techniques in business application.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Advance degree (Master's or PhD) in Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- 6+ years of data analytics experience, 4+ years of (re)insurance experience
- Proficient in SQL and business intelligence tool (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Proficient in R, Python or other statistical program languages
- Strong working knowledge and deep understanding of the theories behind the common statistical modeling techniques and machine learning algorithms, prior experience in deep learning/NLP preferred
- Working experience in building data pipelines/machine learning pipelines on cloud computing platform
- Good understanding of Property & Casualty insurance operations, CAS exams passed/actuarial experience is preferred
- Strong analytics and problem-solving capabilities required
- Good communication skills to effectively explain analysis, both verbally and in writing, to others and translate analysis into a clear business plan
- Strong time management and organizational skills