- Apply advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to build models for underwriting, pricing, and claims management
- Help us to drive innovation, enabling new underwriting paradigms, distribution models, and data management
- Build and implement solutions that enable operational units to improve quality and speed of core processes in order to generate incremental revenue or reduce expense.
- Proactively research new ways of modeling data to unlock actionable insights or improve processes
- Collaborate across Munich Re functions and with clients to use analytics to influence business decisions
- Network with existing data science groups at Munich Re. Collaborate with internal partners in Munich Chief Data Office to leverage capabilities in big data technology.
First and foremost, the successful candidate will demonstrate a natural desire to provide exceptional client service through his/her energy, enthusiasm and initiative.
In addition, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Applied Mathematics, plus 3 years’ experience OR Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Applied Mathematics
- 2 - 3 years of experience in a data science role
- Insurance or financial services background is preferred but not required
- Expertise in advanced predictive analytic techniques
- Fluency with SQL, Python, or R
- Experience working with analytics through the modeling lifecycle including gathering data, design, recommendations, testing, implementation, communication, and revisions
- Excellent communication skills, effectively interpreting modeling results, distilling actionable insights and presenting them to partners
- The ability to learn quickly
- A drive to make a difference.