SparkPost unifies email delivery with analytics, leveraging the world’s largest commercial email delivery data footprint. Customers rely on SparkPost’s infrastructure and insights to execute data-driven email programs that meet and exceed their business objectives. Our software sends nearly 40% of the world’s commercial email--that’s 4.4 trillion emails a year--for some of the world’s most sophisticated email senders, including Salesforce, Oracle, Adobe, Capital One, Zillow, Pinterest, and Twitter.
We're looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Data Science team, working remotely, or out of either our Columbia, MD or San Francisco, CA offices. This position reports directly to the VP of Data Science.
You will play a significant role in the design and development of innovative and impactful customer-facing and internal data products, enabling SparkPost’s continued market leadership. While your focus will be on research, modeling, and prototyping, you will work with product management, engineering, and customer-facing teams to envisage new features and products and assist with operationalizing your research.
Who You Are
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for, and a proven track record of, building innovative data products with large-scale datasets.
- You have a strong competency in data science and software engineering practices.
- You have practical expertise with prototyping data products, data pipelines, exploratory data analysis, machine learning, and familiarity with productionizing machine learning-based applications.
- You love working on challenging problems that involve applying your business domain knowledge, data science, and software development experience.
- You can effectively work across teams and functions to deliver high-impact results.
- You’re passionate about learning new skills and technologies and enjoy mentoring and teaching others.
What The Role Is
- Working closely with the product management and engineering teams, and your data science teammates, you will identify and prototype data product opportunities using your data analysis, machine learning, and software development skills.
- You will collaborate closely with the engineering team as they productionize the data products you’ve prototyped, acting as an advisor when necessary.
- As a key member of our growing data science team, you will play a leading role in the development and embedding of data science best practices, and the development and/or selection of tools and frameworks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or related technical discipline. An M.S. or Ph.D., or appropriate work experience.
- At least 5 years of programming experience in Python or Scala.
- At least 5 years of data science experience: from cleaning data to developing pipelines, exploratory data analysis, modeling and model evaluation, and data visualization.
- At least 2 years experience developing data solutions using Amazon Web Services or other cloud infrastructure services such as GCP or Azure.
- Experience using tools and libraries such as scikit-learn, pandas, numpy, PyTorch, Tensorflow, and Jupyter.
- Experience with Apache Spark and/or Presto.
- Experience with Kubernetes would be valued.
- At least 3 years of experience working with Linux-based OSes.