Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
The Senior Data Scientist in Natural Language Processing (NLP) should be comfortable working as both a software engineer and applied researcher. The ideal candidate is one with a keen interest in NLP, Machine Learning (ML), information extraction, and implementing solution into production.
In this role you will work with large data volumes and in a highly dynamic and fast paced development team responsible for developing, enhancing and maintaining the core data processing platform in the company.
One of the primary undertaking of this role is to define effective methodologies and develop efficient, scalable processes to improve operational efficiency in data classification of large volume.
This position will be based in Port Washington, NY
Design and develop algorithms, models, and processes based on Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques to improve operational efficiency in data classification.
- Interact and work with multiple teams to gather information and requirements, solve problems and provide solutions with the expertise in NLP or ML.
- Independently perform exploratory and adhoc analysis and come up with effective methodologies based on the requirements
- Develop new solutions and processes based on initial prototyping and analysis, and see them through from development to production.
- Utilize ETL, database and analytical tools to extract and transform data for analytical needs.
- Architect data processing pipelines to integrate ML and NLP components and processes into the data factory
- Bachelor or above degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, or related field.
- 5+ years of work experience depending on educational level and relevance.
- Thorough knowledge of Natural language processing or Machine learning mechanisms.
- Able to apply ML or NLP theories to practical problems
- Relational database experience and proficient in SQL
- Able to lead projects from an idea to production deployment with advanced knowledge of two or more of the analytics languages/toolkits such as R, SAS, SPSS, Matlab or Python with analytical extensions.
- Hands on and proficient in at least one programming/scripting language like Python, Scala, Julia, Ruby, or Java, C#, etc.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and modeling tools
- Demonstrated experience delivering complex solutions on time and on budget.
- Strong verbal and written abilities to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff to convey complex ideas
The ideal candidate must be able to conduct engaging and impactful presentations that deliver value to the client while telling a compelling story in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience.
Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer and appropriately match the customer's needs with NPD’s products and services, or be willing to direct the customer to the best solution.