Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning
Engineering - PM - IT Svcs Seattle, Washington
The ExtraHop platform is a novel approach to processing vast amounts of wire data in real-time. Want to join a collaborative team that builds solutions which provide deep performance insights, behavioral security analyses, and drive business analytics? Keep reading.
Big Data, the cloud, elastic computing, SaaS, AWS, BYOD, HPC, SDN—we do it all. The solutions we build at ExtraHop are transforming the IT industry. From retail websites and point-of-sale systems to financial services and the healthcare industry, ExtraHop helps modern businesses handle the growing demands on their applications and infrastructures.
We’re growing fast and we’re looking for people who love to build things: products, companies, markets, and their careers! Come contribute and build with one of the best teams in the industry.
This role will work on our Analytics team and with ExtraHop’s Atlas service, which monitors over 600,000 devices that process over 2.7 petabytes a day. The Analytics team will drive projects to increase value of our real-timeapplication performance metrics. This team will partner with the Product and Operations teams to identify actionable insights into network issues, application performance, and business analytics. We’re looking for passionate engineers that want to build the next-generation analytics feature at ExtraHop.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in across-functional team to research and build rich analytics into the ExtraHop system: investigate customer operation challenges, frame and structure questions, collect and analyze data, as well as summarize and present key insights in support of decision-making
- Demonstrate and share your passion and understanding of data science
- Build analytics tools to develop actionable insights using the ExtraHop system
- Contribute in all phases of development starting from the design proof of concept to laying down the scalable production code
Required Skills & Experience
- A degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Physical Sciences or a related technical field
- A strong track record of performing data analysis using Python (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.) or equivalent language and SQL
- At least 5 years experience using statistics and analytics to solve complex problems
- Versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
- Ability to write production-quality code utilizing knowledge of data structures and algorithms with Python or related programming languages
Desired Skills & Experience
- Understanding of common software development practices around design, coding, and testing a large codebase