Job Description :
This position is critical to the Fleet Analytics team’s ability to extract intelligence from data related to fielded aircraft, and make proactive business decisions regarding optimized support of these aircraft.
Candidate will provide analytic support primarily for the Canadian Maritime Helicopter Program (CMHP) team, and will interface with all members including senior leadership and engineering.
Candidate will assume a prominent technical role in the development/adaptation and application of analytical tools and techniques.
Responsibilities of the analyst/developer include the following:
• Leverage data-mining and statistical tools and processes to identify, quantify and predict cost and availability issues facing CMHP customer
• Act as a hands-on contributor to the development/adaptation of tools, data sources and processes to identify, quantify and predict cost and availability issues facing aircraft operators.
• Contribute statistical and data-mining ability, as well as aircraft reliability, maintenance and operational knowledge to various team pursuits
• Communicate analytical findings to engineering and leadership communities on a regular basis.
• Use ACE tools to improve team’s efficiency and effectiveness
• Develop and deliver executive-level presentations
• Perform Ad-Hoc analysis requests from a wide range of customers.
• Ensure on-time delivery, quality, innovation, accuracy associated with all outputs.
3-5+ years experience developing analytics applications and conducting analyses in support of optimal aircraft maintenance, operations, support and/or design
• Experienced with the application of statistics and data-mining in business environment (trend discovery and analysis, text mining, correlation and pattern discovery, optimization, etc…)
• Proficiency in SPSS, SAS JMP or similar statistical analysis and data-mining software preferred. Familiarity with Tableau software a plus.
• Familiar with SQL, and able to create/perform queries, procedures, views, etc… Oracle SQL and MS SQL Server experiencepreferred.
• Highly skilled in Excel (experienced with formulas, macros, arrays, VBA – able to manage large datasets)
• Strong interpersonal communications skills (verbal, presentation and written)
• Strong problem solving skills, inquisitive mindset
• Must be comfortable in a matrix organization where key activities depend on a strong sense of initiative
• The ability to excel in a very dynamic environment
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent executive presentation skills and MS PowerPoint expertise
• Focused on results
• Able to work closely with others in collaborative environment