Senior Data Scientist - Healthcare Analytics
Senior Data Scientist
EXL (NASDAQ:EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that helps businesses enhance growth and profitability in the face of relentless competition and continuous disruption. Using our proprietary, award-winning Business EXLerator Framework™, which integrates analytics, automation, benchmarking, BPO, consulting, industry best practices and technology platforms, we look deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance. EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, EXL has more than 24,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia (primarily India and Philippines), Latin America, Australia and South Africa.
EXL Analytics provides data-driven, action-oriented solutions to business problems through statistical data mining, cutting edge analytics techniques and a consultative approach. Leveraging proprietary methodology and best-of-breed technology, EXL Analytics takes an industry-specific approach to transform our clients’ decision making and embed analytics more deeply into their business processes. Our global footprint of nearly 2,000 data scientists and analysts assist client organizations with complex risk minimization methods, advanced marketing, pricing and CRM strategies, internal cost analysis, and cost and resource optimization within the organization. EXL Analytics serves the insurance, healthcare, banking, capital markets, utilities, retail and e-commerce, travel, transportation and logistics industries.
Senior Data Scientist will lead a junior data scientist team at a payer to create models for a variety of purposes. Will be responsible for the design and development of analysis models for a variety of purposes: the reporting of claims, authorization, and member eligibility data; understanding value propositions; developing insight into member and provider performance and the variables affecting performance. The ideal candidate for this position will come from a healthcare background and is a proactive thinker, self-starter, who enjoys working in a fast-paced and challenging environment with the ability to work independently
- Participates in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools
- Solves moderately complex analytical problems.
- Develops, validates and executes algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions. Explores, examines and interprets large volumes of data in various forms.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve moderately complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses.
- Develops data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Uses data visualization techniques to effectively communicate analytical results and supportbusiness decisions.
- Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects and assures the integrity of the data.
- Documents projects including business objectives, data gathering and processing, detailed set of results and analytical metrics
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in math, statistics, economics, computer engineering or related analytics field from top-tier universities with strong record of achievement.
- 6 - 10 years of relevant programming or analytic experience.
- Strong healthcare experience
- Ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Demonstrates proficiency in several areas of data modeling, machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis, data engineering and data visualization.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to present information to various audiences
- Excellent communication skills with strong background working directly with coworkers and clientele to identify business objectives and establish requirements
- Worked in a team environment and also coordinated with business/functional team
- Required Technical Skills
- R, Python, SAS, SQL, Advanced MS excel, Tableau
- Knowledge of Hadoop framework encouraged
What we offer:
- EXL Analytics offers an exciting, fast paced and innovative environment, which brings together a group of sharp and entrepreneurial professionals who are eager to influence business decisions. From your very first day, you get an opportunity to work closely with highly experienced, world class analytics consultants.
- You can expect to learn many aspects of businesses that our clients engage in. You will also learn effective teamwork and time-management skills - key aspects for personal and professional growth
- Analytics requires different skill sets at different levels within the organization. At EXL Analytics, we invest heavily in training you in all aspects of analytics as well as in leading analytical tools and techniques.
- We provide guidance/ coaching to every employee through our mentoring program wherein every junior level employee is assigned a senior level professional as advisors.
- Sky is the limit for our team members. The unique experiences gathered at EXL Analytics sets the stage for further growth and development in our company and beyond.