As a Senior Data Scientist, you will harness the power of Big Data through predictive analytics and innovative machine learning models. We are seeking a Data Scientist to support systems and business optimization through detailed analysis of GEICO's data. The Data Scientist team drives strategic business initiatives by researching, analyzing and interpreting data; developing algorithms to evaluate customer behavior and identify areas of opportunity; presenting analysis and recommendations; and participating with business units and IT to deliver innovative, actionable business models. The Data Scientist will be responsible for assisting in the definition of data mining and machine learning strategies and the execution of corresponding procedures.
Would you like to join this innovative team? if so, do you meet these qualifications?
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in data mining, machine learning and distributed computing is required
Bachelors degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or Mathematics preferred
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Pig, Hive and MapReduce is required
- Knowledge with Python, Perl or otherscriptinglanguage is a must
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistical computing languages such as R, MATLAB, etc
- Experience with integrating large-scale heterogeneous datasets is require
- Knowledge with statistical research techniques, including modeling, data mining, clustering and segmentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with third parties and internal staff at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills.