About the Opportunity
DMI is seeking a full time Senior Data Scientist to support the BI & Analytics team
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in leading mid-size client engagements in the capacity of project lead. S/he must have a proven ability to communicate with senior client stakeholders, understand the business objectives behind the analytics initiative and clearly articulate how their data-based insights can be applied for decision making. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
This role will have a small number of team members reporting into him/her. Aside from client project delivery, this role requires supporting pre-sales activities, and supporting analytics solutions development.
MUST HAVE SKILLS -
- Statistical Modeling & Machine Learning Modeling experience
- Proficient in data analysis, ability to design high level analytical approach and efficiently conduct deep-dive analysis
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in R
Education and Years of Experience:
- Graduate degree in any STEM discipline, statistics, data science, data analysis.
- Master’s degreepreferred with 7+ years’ experience.
- CPG industry experience will be very useful in this role
Additional Skills -
- Exposure to Big Data environment (Impala, Hive, etc.)
- Expert Python programming and analysis skills
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position.
Location: Mason, OH