The Senior Data Scientist, utilizes advanced statistical modeling methodologies to supportbusiness decisions. They are responsible for identifying high impact opportunities to apply analytics to drive informed business decisions.
· Use statistical methodologies to analyze large sets of external and internal data to draw conclusions and make recommendations regarding a variety of business decisions. Examples include, but is not limited to, pricing, marketingcampaign optimization, customer loyalty rewards, and profitability improvement strategies.
· Run complex SQL queries to prepare the data for creating predictive models
· Develop statistical models from scratch in various analytical tools. This includes building useful, maintainable code that can be transferred to other team members.
· Work closely with business & analytic team leads to fully understand business problems and make recommendations on methodologies for analysis.
· Ability to run different statistical algorithms on various platforms and identify the best performing models
· Forecast gross sales and related expenses (including corresponding inventory impacts) while continuing to increase reporting accuracy within required timeframes.
· Willingness to assist in creation, maintenance & integration of internal and external databases, including day-to-day management of external vendors.
· Collaborates with all internal teams to identify opportunities for greater efficiency and work flow improvement/automation.
· Promote a continuous learning environment by identifying and securing opportunities to train both home office and field based employees on highly complex data, BI tools and analytics methodologies.
· Takes responsibility and initiative in understanding current industry trends. May be the single point of contact for the business unit.
Creates or assists others in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures.
· Master's degree in quantitative field. Significant equivalent work experience may be considered.
· Minimum seven (7) years’ experience as a data scientist in non-academic role, including a demonstrated high-level of proficiency in applying data techniques to solving business problems.
· Expert proficiency in the following:
o SAS and/or R
o Excel - full Solver package & macros
o Tableau and/or other BI platforms
· Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly evolving work place.
· Demonstrates high personal integrity, teamwork abilities, and ability to thrive in fast paced environment.
Pharmaceutical or CPG experiencepreferred, but not required
· Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with limited to no direction.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Employee must be able to multi-task under pressure.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as company policies, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, financialreports, and legal documents.
· Ability to speak effectively over the telephone and face to face with employees, customers, and/or vendors.
· Ability to effectively make written or oral presentations and respond to common inquiries or complaints
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals