As a Senior Data Scientist on the USCM Claims Predictive Modeling team, you will take the lead on collaborating with business and IT partners to develop predictive analytic solutions and/or tools that enable data-driven strategic decision-making. You will utilize and further improve current and emerging data science techniques to manipulate large structured and unstructured data sets, identify patterns in raw data, and develop models to predict the likelihood of a future outcome and/or to optimize business solutions.
This level reflects broad knowledge of predictive analytics techniques, and general application of applying those techniques to business issues. You are expected to manage multiple programming languages and model development tools to improve modeling productivity and model deployment and management efficiency.
- Researches and develops predictive analytic tools. Leverages knowledge to create/design solutions for business needs.
- Master of multiple programming languages and machine learning modeling techniques
- Mines large data sets using sophisticated analytical techniques to generate insights and inform business decisions.
- Identifies and tests hypotheses, ensuring statistical significance, and builds predictive models for business application.
- Translates quantitative analyses and findings into accessible visuals for non-technical audiences, providing a clear view into interpreting the data.
- Enables the business to make clear trade-offs between and among choices, with a reasonable view into likely outcomes.
- Customizes analytic solutions to specific client needs.
- Responsible for larger components of projects of moderate-to-high complexity. Guides aspects of project design as a technical consultant for the team.
- Regularly engages with the data science community and participates in cross-functional working groups.
- Broad knowledge of predictive analytic techniques and statistical diagnostics of models. Expert knowledge of predictive toolset; reflects as expert resource for tool development. Proficient in various programming languages such as SAS, R, Python or JAVA.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely. Ability to establish and build relationships within and outside the organization. Ability to give effective training and presentations to peers and less senior team members. Has a value-driven perspective with regard to understanding of work context and impact.
- Competencies typically acquired through a Ph.D. degree (in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or other scientific field of study) and 2 years of relevant experience, a Master’s degree (scientific field of study) and 4 years of relevant experience or may be acquired through a Bachelor’s degree(scientific field of study) and 5+ years of relevant experience.