• Contribute to the detailed statistical analysis of our people data, in order to identify actionable insights, and building (predictive) models.
• Build and statistically analyze large data sets of internal and external data
• Produce results from these analyses that will be used to drive Company investments and assess HR program effectiveness.
• Prepare results to be communicated across the organization in a way that informs and drives the organization to action
• Connect the dots across a range of business, HR and workforce information to tell a story and provide insight, rather than just reporting the data
• Use real-time analytics to provide recommendations to executive leadership and management in order to maximize adoption/usage of Inclusion, Collaboration and People Planning solutions and initiatives.
• Develop comparative indexes (benchmarks) that measure how Cisco compares to industry peers in key performance and usage metrics.
• Collaborate to further develop diversity and people planning frameworks, models and insights for understanding by the business, making quantitative decisions on complex business problems.
• Share key insights with leadership from research with actionable strategic interpretation and recommendations.
Who You'll Work With
This role is a highly collaborative, you'll help lead a business intelligence team that has responsibilities across Inclusion, Collaboration and People Planning. You will work closely with cross functional teams including other COEs across Cisco to analyze a full spectrum of Business, HR and Collaboration data in support of a highly inclusive and collaborative organization.
Who You Are
Our Minimum Qualifications for the role are:
• Understand Business and HR strategy as it relates to inclusion and collaboration to develop a clear vision of analytics potential.
• Develop causal and predictive models that explain or predict full spectrum participation and other key people metrics.
• Prepare and deliver powerful presentations with rich data visualizations and relevant business conclusions.
• Ability to present key insights and recommendations to leadership and people that have varying levels of technical and business knowledge.
• Provide mentoring and guidance to more junior team members in the areas of data storytelling, analytics, reporting and predictive modelling.
• You have a deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms
• Intellectual curiosity and ability to handle high levels of ambiguity but seek clarification when needed
• Able to sustain quick turnaround times for research, data analysis, and distillation of actionable conclusions.
• Deep understanding of technologies such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, SQL, R, Hadoop, Hive etc.
• Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar field of study, and more than 3 years of equivalent work experience in machine learning