Thank you for your interest in joining the Centauri team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR-Centauri needs a Senior Data Scientist to support our federal client’s mission to safely collect, access, store, exploit, and disseminate open source information from the internet to satisfy priority information requirements in support of multiple missions. Our client requires support to perform collection and exploitation of open source information and update and deploy a virtualized architecture to enable them to rapidly exploit “best of breed” data collected from open source information. The architecture will include social networking, multi-media, open source information, first line business intelligence applications, and software systems. This work will be located in the DC Metro area.
Data Scientist Responsibilities
- Create data packages, in the form of databases, reports, and visualization
- Communicate ongoing data science activities, technical findings, and data products for both technical and non-technical customers
- Extract relevant features from large data stores containing open source, PIA, and CAI, containing bad records, partial records, errors, or other forms of “noiseing”
- Extract features from open source information stored in a wide range of possible formats, including JSON, XML, raw text logs, industry-specific encodings, and graph link data
- Apply natural language processing, computer vision, signal processing, and speaker and speech recognition algorithms to identify objects in text, image, video, and audio files
- Apply descriptive and inferential statistics to describe data and make predictions about the data, including statistical tests to determine confidence for a hypothesis, common summary statistics (e.g., mean, variance, and counts), fit distributions to datasets and use those distributions to predict event likelihoods
- Execute data science method using parallel computing frameworks (e.g., deeplearning4j, Torch, Tensor Flow, Caffe, Neon, NVIDIA CUDA Deep Neural Network library (cuDNN), and OpenCV)) and distributed data processing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop (including HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Impala, Giraph, Sqoop), Spark (inlcuding MLib, GraphX, SQL and Dataframes)
- Execute data science method using common programming/scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, R (statistics).
Data Scientist Requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive, relevant work experience