Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business, and win in their markets.
We are looking for Sr Data Scientist to innovate, win, and grow with us in Portsmouth, NH.
As a member of the Data Science team, you will work on exciting Machine Learning and Data Mining projects in the Financial Industry! Join a newly established predictive and advanced analytics team to build innovative analytics solutions to solve problems in the financial industry.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who is passionate about data and delivering value for our business and our customers using this data. The analytics team develops and applies advanced machine-learning techniques and algorithms to solve problems for online payments and financial messaging. This is an exciting time to be joining this team of Data Scientists as it transitions from deployed databases to a full-fledged cloud-based working environment.
How you'll contribute:
- Process massive amounts of structured and unstructured data using Spark/SQL/Hive
- Build advanced supervised and unsupervised machine learning models
- Research new machine learning solutions to complex business problems
- Write production code in Python
- Carry out A/B test experiments
- Communicate findings to a non-technical audience
- Mentor and support junior data scientists and analysts
What will make you successful:
- At least 4 years’ professional experience in with major programming languages such as in Java, Python, Scala
- A completed graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any other heavily numerate subject
- Understanding of the full software development life-cycle (conduct data analysis and build large-scale machine-learning models/pipelines)
- Exposure to state-of-the-art data analytics products and solutions.
- Ability to prototype statistical analysis algorithms
- Experience in coding structures for storing and processing complex, high volume, and multi-dimensional data
- Experience in optimizing space/time trade-offs for computationally expensive processes
- Exposure to different Machine Learning techniques
- Familiar with Agile software development process
- A graduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience in Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience in data pre-processing, Machine Learning, and data visualization
- Experience with large relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in quantitative analysis and translation of findings into actionable insights
- All candidates will be asked to participate and review a case study, as well as live present to key stakeholders