As a member of the data science team you will develop AutoGrid's predictive controls platform. This high-performance forecasting, optimization and real-time control engine is the core component responsible for intelligently and continuously managing complex energy networks.
- Develop and maintain forecasting and optimization algorithms for AutoGrid's machine learning and predictive control systems
- Implement and deploy your algorithms on big-data platforms, in production
- Benchmark and debug critical issues with the algorithms and software as they arise
- Prototype new methods and analyses on customer data sets
- Work closely with product management, engineering and QA teams to manage the full product lifecycle including requirements, architecture, algorithmics and QA
- MS. or Ph.D. in computer science, operations research, statistics or related field
- Exposure to very large forecasting and optimization problems and techniques, including large-scale time series forecasting and stochastic linear programming
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures and performance optimization techniques
- Excellent programming skills in Python, Java or C++
Nice to have
- Experience building production python applications. Specifically, knowledge of the Celery and Django frameworks is a plus
- Hands-on experience with the energy industry
- Understanding of and experience with Big Data / NoSQL frameworks, Spark, HBase, Hadoop / MapReduce, HDFS, etc.
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL)