This role will partner closely with data engineering, data analytics, data science, marketing managers, and product management.
What you'll bring
- 5-7 years of experience working in web, product, customer, care, or other related analytics fields. Ability to tell stories with data, educate effectively, and instill confidence, motivating stakeholders to act on recommendations.
- 3+ years applied data science/data modeling experience. Ability to Analyze large amounts of structured and unstructured data and determine suitability for modeling. Broad understanding and demonstrated history of applying various algorithms to business use cases to drive business and customer value.
- Strong modeling foundation – hands-on expertise with data mining and statistical modeling techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, tree-based methods, neural nets, support vector machines, anomaly detection, and natural language processing. Expertise with NLP is a plus.
- Expertise in modern advanced analytical tools and programming languages such as Python (highly preferred – will be used in this role), Scala, or R. Efficient in SQL, Hive, SparkSQL, etc.
- Ability to manage projects end-to-end to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Outstanding communications skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- MS in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Operations Research, or equivalent is preferred.