About the Role
We are looking for a highly experienced data scientist to solve numerous optimization problems that will impact rider experience, operation efficiency, and help elevate business growth on a massive scale. You will be responsible for developing analytical insights, machine learning models and actionable data-infoemd solutions. You will also be experimenting with data to predict future performance. As Spin is a data informed organization, you will present findings to senior management to strengthen business decisions.
Our team consists people that are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
We work in very small groups to keep processes and overhead low, so we have a lot of trust and accountability to perform the work required to build the best product.
- Apply statistical techniques to develop analyses and models toward insights improving growth, experience, and operations
- Design, build, train and test Machine Learning models
- Write production-level code to convert your ML models into working pipelines
- Create visualizations and communicate findings and collaborate cross-organizationally, to drive business understanding; identify behaviors, trends, and opportunities; and facilitate launch decisions
- Collaborate with product, data, engineering, business and operations teams to frame analytical problems and design ML solutions
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative field like statistics, economics, engineering, or applied math accepted. Operations Research PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in data science role
- Knowledge of ML libraries and ability to build ML workflows
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners to build the business
- Experienced in Python
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles