- Develops systems to invest, analyze, and take automated action across real-time feeds of high volume data.
- Collaborates with the internal product and engineering teams to further the development of new products.
- Facilitates research by providing testing, maintainance, and provisions for critical infrastructure to support experimentation and prototyping.
- Operationalizes data processing at massive scale.
- Stays up-to-date on the latest distributed systems and software development industry knowledge; attends applicable trainings, conferences, and learns new tools as needed.
- Protects Cylance operations by keeping information confidential.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS
- Experience in algorithm optimization
- Experience in developing distributed, large scale data processing and analytical pipelines
- Working familiarity with devops/provisioning tools
- BS/MS/PhD in computer science or related discipline with 2+ years experience, or 5+ years experience
- Software engineering experience and familiarity with Python and one or more of the following: C/C++, C#, Scala, Java.
This position may utilize one or more of the following critical skills to complete tasks:
- Spark (in Python/Scala/Java) in a distributed environment
- Infrastructure as code management using systems such as Terraform, SaltStack, and Packer
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Data formats such as Parquet, Protobuf, GRPC, HDF5
- REST APIs
- Amazon Web Services (AWS); cloud architectures
Other skills may include, but are not limited to:
- Intermediate knowledge and application of automated deployment.
- Intermediate knowledge of developing large scale data processing and analytical pipelines.
- Intermediate knowledge and ability to utilize algorithm optimization.
- Understanding of basic machine learning algorithms
- Understanding of linear algebra
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Common software engineering design patterns