• Fully understand custom built Healthcare Medical Eligibility/Coordination of Benefits software solution. Understand the technical design and be able to traverse through and fully test the system using custom developed test plans using SQL
• Work collaboratively at ground level with senior level development staff to fully understand product requirements. Be willing to ask questions, push back as necessary, and ultimately ensure the new code meets stringent customer expectations
• Identify software defects, conduct research, develop plan for resolution, and engage appropriate internal resources as necessary
• Perform data analysis as needed on production data (400+ million rows of data)
• Collaborate with team members on, and provide peer review of, test plans, test cases, test data, and automation/tool enhancements.
• Work collaboratively with development team to make technical judgments based upon understanding of the business process and customer/user needs whereby a design change or modification should (or needs to be) changed.
• Support inquiries from client, operations, and customer support on content related questions and monitor areas for improvement.
• Design and document test cases to ensure optimal system performance with new code releases - Utilize QA best practices
- Tests will be executed at the database level, using SQL
- Build automated tests using tools such as Selenium
- Operate load testing on Web Based Portal
- Run smoke tests and regression tests
- Prepare appropriate test data -Communicate and document testing results in appropriate tool - Maintain defect reporting and tracking
- Maintain current test plans, test cases, test scripts, and test data.
• Availability for planned after hours deployments and unplanned issue resolution
- Planned deployments typically occur once a month on Thursday nights
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related field OR equivalent experience required
• At least 5 years combined prior business analyst, SQL programming, software QA, SQL data analysis
• Minimum 3 years of SQL usage in a professional setting
• Experience working as an analyst with large datasets (1+ million records) highly desired
• Experience with SDLC and iterative development processes, specifically Agile work processes highly desired
• Experience in working in a highly competitive team environment
Special Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong SQL skills required (Data Analyst SQL skill set, not necessarily SQL programming)
• Focus on relational databases
• Business analyst knowledge is highly preferred
• QA knowledge is preferred. Willingness to be trained on QA fundamentals is required
• Coordination of Benefits, and/or Healthcare Revenue Cycle knowledge a plus
• Effective communication and relationship building skills
• Self-motivated, team player, but who can work independently
• Ability to adapt to an Agile/Scrum environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Problem-solving as part of a distributed team
• Time management and organizational skills
• Knowledge of the HIPAA transaction sets and requirements is desirable• Become an expert on highly complex custom software - willingness to self study and learn through trial and error required.