- Phased transition, coordinating with stakeholders. Progress towards centralized ownership that serves Vanguard’s data and business community.
- Serve as primary contact for vendors and internal stakeholders
- Maximize value achieved from Vanguard’s investment in this data
- Facilitate application of this data to marketing, servicing, retention, offer and product strategy
You will own the Data Content Lifecycle, including:
- Cultivating relationships with data content vendors
- Keeping pace with updated and new vendor offerings. Researching promising data and alternative vendors.
- Raising Vanguard awareness of available vendor data and possible use cases
- Coordinating trial data assessments and experimentation
- Aligning vendor data with business goals, usability and outcomes. Assessing costs and benefits of potential vendor data changes.
- Coordinating contract and procurement processes. Partnering with internal stakeholders to obtain favorable terms and mitigate risk.
- Monitoring licensed data for changes
- Change management. Coordination with data store owners.
- Communicating with the Vanguard user community about vendor data.
- Educating users. Curating meta data.
- Identifying data ready for de-licensing or swap-out for more promising data elements/models. Managing vendor off-boarding.
- Data inventory and data usage documentation for privacy and risk reviews
Preferred experience and skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively across technical and non-technical teams
- Stakeholder management. Experience translating and negotiating with business, data analysts/engineers/scientists and IT specialists.
- Vendor management experience
- Knowledge of vendors and their consumer and household level data about investors
1. Leads product management activities for multiple products, or one strategic product.
2. Collaborates with cross-functional teams to create best practices that drive significant change to the client experience.
3. Coaches product teams towards best practices and learnings. Ensures delivery of messaging, communication, and customer outreach as necessary.
4. Partners with stakeholders to resolve production and implementation issues in a timely manner, and supports/drives escalations where required to enable rapid delivery.
5. Leads the planning, development and implementation of new products. Defines and analyzes markets, developing detailed product features and requirements, and developing implementation plans.
6. Employs a variety of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to continually improve the user experience.
7. Participates in and provides recommendations for ongoing business planning and departmental prioritization activities.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years related work experience. Two years of leading large cross-functional teams on major organizational projects preferred.