Join a fast-paced and talented Agile Scrum team to unlock data capabilities for The Hartford’s Enterprise Data Office supporting the Claims portfolio of data assets. You will have an opportunity to participate in the entire development lifecycle while growing your knowledge with emerging technologies. We use the latest data technologies, software engineering practices, Agile delivery framework, and are passionate about technology and building well architected and innovative solutions that drive optimal business value. The position is for a self-directing individual contributor with experience in leading and directing other team members. Thoughtful analysis, option development, delivery estimation and planning rigor are requisite. What’s in it for you?
- Experience deeper understanding of Data analytics, Emerging technologies and Development practices
- Collaboration with a high-performing, forward-focused team, Product Owner(s) and Business stakeholders
- Work with Data Architects and Business leaders to understand the architectural roadmaps that support and fulfill business strategy.
- Designing Logical Data Models and stewarding the data design of the asset and ensuring alignment with the larger roadmap goals
- Enable and influence the timely and successful delivery of business data capabilities and/or technology objectives
- Act as a lead data modeler and mentor colleagues with less experience’
- Opportunity to expand your communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organization capabilities
- Experience working in a fast paced environment – driving business outcomes in Agile ways of working
- Enhance your entrepreneurial mindset – network opportunity and influencing outcomes
- Supporting environment that fosters can-do attitude and opportunity for growth and advancement based on consistently demonstrated performance
- Optimize business value by leveraging your data experience and depth
- Be part of a Scrum Team – driving work independently or collaboratively towards achieving business outcomes
- Translate business and data requirements into data models in support of Enterprise Data Models, Data Warehouse and Analytical systems.
- Develop Data Warehouse Dimensional modeling constructs; Develop and maintain the Data Warehouse Bus Matrix Architecture.
- Perform rigorous data analysis and data discovery and data profiling.
- Ensure data design follows the prescribed reference architecture and framework; Ensure design reflects appropriate business rules, and facilitates data integration, data conformity and data integrity; Ensure data structures are designed for flexibility to support future business needs and enhancements.
- Understand the relationships across business information and units of data; collaborate with Business Analysts, Data Stewards and Business Customers to identify data usage patterns and to formulate Business names, definitions and data quality rules for data elements.
- Maintain Data Mapping requirements, Bus Matrix and other Data Design artifacts that define technical data specifications and transformation rules;
- Understand database performance factors and trends pertaining to very large database design and collaborate with DBAs to implement mitigating physical modeling solutions; provide data structures optimized for information entry and retrieval;
- Effectively communicate data design to other members of the team to ensure proper implementation and utilization of the data structures; support development team during process design and during performance tuning; support QA team during Test Strategy and test case development;
- Adopt quality assurance practices to include following an appropriate modeling methodology; helping to establish department standards and procedures; reviewing and critiquing data models produced by others, participating in walkthroughs and audits; ensuring appropriate documentation is produced at all points in the process;
- Pursue continuous improvements based on lessons learned and industry best practices. All processes include consideration for data integrity and data quality;
- Understand the goals and risks associated with the business and technical requirements, and offer counsel on risk mitigation and the alignment of data solution with objectives;
- Educate project team members and the business community on the impact of proposed and alternative data solution and technologies;
- Demonstrate a team orientation by working closely and effectively with business partners, development teams and outside services;
- Demonstrate solid business and organizational skills, and leadership in the use of data analysis and design tools and methodologies.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in Data Modeling, data warehousing and data design
- Very strong Dimensional modeling and 3NF modeling skills
- Experience in Data Management best practices, Data Integration, Data Rationalization and Data Patterns.
- Strong Data Analysis experience
- Experience with Metadata Management and Metadata Products
- P&C Insurance expertise
- Hadoop file systems and/or Cloud