Dell Commerce Service (DCS) builds and operates a global Commerce Platform that powers Dell.com, which receives over 1 billion page views per year, across 150 countries and is Google’d more than 1 million times per day. DCS provides its customers a cohesive branded experience across Consumer, Premier, Solutions, eSupport and Offline Sales. Dell.com is extending the reach of its Commerce Platform to command an extensive variety of applications and solutions that are central to the growth of Dell as a technology and solutions company.
Dell’s Commerce Services & IT Analytics organization is hiring a Senior Data Intelligence Engineer to be part of the Digital Analytics team focused on the development and optimization of Dell’s Global Support & Deployment applications. The team drives analysis to influence the engineering development roadmap and ongoing optimization. Also includes support of the ongoing run-the-business usage of the applications.
The DCS & IT Analytics organization is responsible for insights and recommendations to optimize the user experiences. This includes analysis focused on application speed, stability, and user experience. Such work includes data ingestion, data munging, and statistical analysis. Effective outputs require simple user-friendly synthesis of information, including well-articulated insights.
The Senior Data Intelligence Engineer will be responsible for operating within a dynamic, fast-paced, scalable & agile IT development environment, which faces both internal and external customers. This individual will be responsible for undertaking analysis, reporting metrics and pulling data to understand and help improve the performance of various on-going engineering development initiatives. Work will also include creation and management of real-time monitoring and alerting leveraging tools such as Splunk, IBM Tealeaf, and Adobe Site Catalyst (Omniture).
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Analyzes user behavior and performance, designing and developing new and innovative analytics methods to understand usage and enable insights towards optimizing speed and stability of application
- Provides actionable recommendations on how to optimize the user experience by considering speed, stability, and key user features
- Delivers on analytics roadmap, while always identifying new opportunities and prioritization recommendations
- Helps present findings to key stakeholders
- Establishes relationships with key business partners/Points of Contact to accelerate issues fix
- Leverages teamwork or cross-functional collaboration to improve customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science with 8+ years experience; or Master’s degree with 6+ years relevant experience; or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in SFDC CRM Analytics including Event monitoring logs OR Oracle Siebel CRM application development or production Support
- 3+ years providing highly-actionable e-commerce analytics
- Experience in most of the following e-commerce analytics tools: SiteCatalyst, Discover, Insights
- Experience with Big Data tools and skills including: Hadoop (Hive), Splunk, SQL, R, Python
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey analytic insights effectively to both IT and business audiences
- Strong teamwork, business acumen, and customer advocacy skills
- Strong presentation, leadership, business influence, and project management skills
- Team spirit and ability to work well with global team, including remote leaders and peers
- Capability to identify and troubleshoot potential Business issues
- Familiar with Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- MBA/Master’s degree
- Understanding of Online e-Commerceexperience (pre-purchase, purchase path, post purchase) is a plus
- Experience working with SOA architecture, Web services, HTTP, WSDL, Oracle Siebel Application Logs
Job ID R18378