San Diego, CA
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 212 days ago
Essential Job Function:
• Eliciting technical requirements and change requests from product managers and other members of the team.
• Design, implement and maintain Data Warehouse (DW) and Operational Data Store (ODS) solutions for XIFIN BI independently or as Team leader.
• Design, implement and maintain Master Data Management solution for XIFIN’s system independently or as Team leader.
• Design, develop, review and test ETL codes and other data integration and management scripts independently or as Team leader.
• Mentoring other team member in technical subjects.
• Using third party software or open source software to integrate the production data, experience with SAP software ideal.
• Work with the engineering department to improve quality, testability, and maintainability of code, and identifying opportunities for process improvement and implementing them.
• Understand best practice for engineer coding and quality control, familiar with change control tool or processes.
• Detail oriented in order to handle critical data, DW data issue.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years of high level experience as a software integration engineer, proficient in SQL, PL/SQL and ETL scripting and automated workflow.
• Experience dealing with large data volume with scalable solutions, preferably in Oracle database or other Data Warehouse Solutions.
• Understanding of Oracle features such as partitioning, indexing, and other data warehouse features.
• Good knowledge in commercial ETL tool: SAP Business Objects Data Integrator and Services or other open source tools.
• Ability to work in all phases of the software development life-cycle.
• Strong team orientation.
• Big Data knowledge, and advanced data analytics.
• Financial industry/accounting and/or laboratory or other medical industry background.
• Experience in fast-growing software development environments.