The Data and Insight Analyst will plan, conduct, and direct the analysis of both internal and external business problems to be solved with data-driven solutions. The analyst will drive success for our internal and external customers through the use of a nationally sourced payer benchmark claims data-set. The analyst will help to ingest, normalize, and categorize large volumes of data to ensure quality and reliability within all reports, analyses, and output.
Uses statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful reports based on claims payment and claims submission trends. Leverages data to create models that depict trends in the client base and the healthcare claims population as a whole. Works with the business to create a prioritized list of specific data needs, dashboards, and tools to support analytic engagements. Works with internal and external clients to evaluate and develop analyses and solutions to address questions within the ClaimsXten environment as well as across all Change Healthcare Payment Accuracy Solutions.
Has the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to rapidly changing schedules, priorities, and workflows. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions. Has excellent group facilitation and presentation skills, including data visualization techniques, and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- Working with large files of data and can translate data results into actionable recommendations.
- Ensures end-to-end data quality and integrity, from data ingestion to final reporting.
- Communicates and documents any data issues and presents clear recommendations on corrective actions and root cause analysis.
- Executes complex analyses to aid in reporting and interpretation of analytical findings to enhance payer savings and address industry challenges.
- Presents findings to customers and completes necessary follow-up analysis.
- Works closely with internal and external customer partners assisting in new concept development.
- Facilitates all pieces of external and internal analytic engagements, such as data mapping, code analysis using proprietary programming tools, Excel and SQL.
- Develops and prepares reports, presentations, and analyses using data visualization techniques and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 4+ years working with clinical and/or financial data
- 6+ years working in a healthcare analytics role
- Experience in data mining, data manipulation, and reporting
- Healthcare experience required; clinical, financial, and/or administrative experience
- Multi-year experience in working with analytics teams to examine and specify unique solutions and provides proof of ability to work across complex business and technical teams
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills
- Strong aptitude for identifying, assessing, and resolving any data quality issues
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze large data-sets
- Rapid critical thinking skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and a meticulous approach to work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Solid project management skills
- Expertise in SQL, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge and experience with analytics solutions using cloud-based solutions
- Knowledge of data manipulation languages and/or data visualization tools
- Knowledge of claims coding techniques, including CPT/AMA and ICD-10 coding
- Solid foundation of operational, clinical and financial healthcare knowledge
- Ability and willingness to learn and use new technologies
Additional Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced industry certifications preferred, such as Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Data Science Certification, etc.
Education / Training:
- Bachelor's degree preferred in healthcare, statistics, mathematics, computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Medical coding certification encouraged but not required
- Environment – Office environment, minimal travel required.
- Physical Requirements – Sitting, standing, walking, and using key board.