The primary objective is to meet the reporting and information needs of the business unit. Responsible for the analysis of moderate to complex business reporting and data requirements to be solved with automated data processing and reporting in support business operations and decision-making. Apply and acquire specific knowledge of the business combined with expert level knowledge of database technology to business problem solving. Utilize tools in the Microsoft data and reporting technology stack to implement data processes and build reports (SQL Server, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS). Strong SQL and data analysis skills are used on a daily basis. Translate business information requirements into SQL queries and report layouts. Participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of data processing and data reporting. Participate in meetings with users to define and evaluate data and reporting needs. Analyze detailed business requirements, including input and output requirements, reports, etc.
- Perform work that is complex and varied in nature. Define and discern key aspects of a problem and develop an integrated solution within a broad technical and business context of significant impact. Work with business partners within one business function to align technology solutions with business strategies. Demonstrate an informed knowledge of a business area to resolve problems on an ongoing basis. Possess demonstrated expertise in SQL technologies and data architecture. Work on multiple moderate projects as a project team member.
- Consult with business users and vendors for needs assessment. Develop a good understanding of the business unit's function and effectively communicate technical solutions in non-technical terms. Develop data interfaces between internal systems as well as external vendors to retrieve or transmit data for reporting purposes. Implement business reports using SQL Server and Oracle database and reporting technologies. Implement data processes and data design in alignment with industry best practices. Acquire subject matter expertise in database-level data details that support the information requirements of the business and assists business consumers in understanding the semantics of the supporting data.
- Analyze business partner’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. Translate high level business requirements into functional specifications.
- Independently conducts studies of new or existing systems and recommends changes based on the results. Provides guidance and training to business unit technical staff and other team memebers.
- Typically has a minimum of 5 years of specific IT knowledge and applicable system programs, hardware and software
- Mortgage banking experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated mastery of SQL.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server, Oracle, TSQL, PL/SQL.
- Hands on experience in developing reports and data processes using the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in gathering and refining customer requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field or work experience.
Requisition #: 10023281-WD