In your new role at Womply you will be part of a team of engineers working to manage our ever-growing collection of payment and other merchant data from across the USA. You’ll work primarily with Java, Scala, and Apache Spark and a variety of data stores including Cassandra, PostgreSQL, and MySQL. You’ll work with the rest of the engineering and product teams to design and optimize the schemas needed to support the products we dream up. Going forward, you'll support our evaluations of new tools and technologies to scale and analyze our data.
You Must Have:
- Good programming skills in Scala or Java; if you don't know Scala/Java yet, strong interest in adding it to your skillset.
- Experience with Cassandra, PostgreSQL, or similar data stores.
- Experience delivering Spark based data consumption to consumer facing products / systems.
- Strong background in SQL, Data Modeling, and Performance Tuning.
- Ability to work within an agile team framework,
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Nice to have:
- AWS EC2 experience
- Database Administration Experience.
- Experience with Python / Pyspark
- Familiarity with monitoring, backup, and disaster recovery of data systems
- Machine learning experience/interest
- Experience generating and evaluating data quality metrics
- Experience mentoring engineers in best practices and methods.
- Experience with PCI data practices
Come build something amazing at Womply