Unique opportunity with a mobile marketing leader
We help marketers unlock new revenue by arming them with the technology and expertise they need to succeed in mobilemarketing. The Vibes Mobile Engagement Platform, enables marketers to easily manage all mobile communication channels including text messaging, push notifications, Apple Wallet, Google Pay and mobile web campaigns ? all through a single interface. Vibes has delivered more than five billion mobileexperiences on behalf of customers that include Chipotle, Discover, Old Navy, Home Depot, PetSmart, Toys r? Us, and Allstate, and is recognized as one of only four Tier 1 aggregators by the Common Short Code Administration (CSCA).
We are currently seeking an experienced Sr. Data Engineer who will be responsible for building enterprise solutions that optimizes analyzing large-scale data to create business value. As a member of the analytics team, you will collaborate with data engineers, analysts, software engineers and product owners to design and implement the next-generation data architecture and frameworks required for real-time streaming analytics at Vibes.
Our environment is innovative, intellectually challenging, and fast-paced. Advanced development and programming skills, a collaborative work ethic, strong analytical skills and a drive to succeed are the best fit. This position is located at our office in downtown Chicago at 300 W. Adams.
- Architect robust data solutions to ingest, catalog and analyze high-volume, high-frequency data in real time to generate business insights.
- Design and build optimal data engineering processes and frameworks considering best practices around efficiency, data integrity, scalability and maintainability
- Create optimized workflows and design specification documents to help define data platform features and SLAs.
- Develop rapid prototypes and proofs of concept to help assess strategic opportunities and future data product capabilities
- Rotational production support of data systems
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years IT experience
- 3+ years data engineeringexperiencesupporting high-volume, high-velocity data streams.
- Strong data engineering background with prior experience in large-scale distributed data processing platforms such as Kafka, Spark, Kinesis
- Knowledge of enterprise data integration, distributed systems architecture and virtualized container deployment (such as docker).
- Experience with SQL
- Fluency in one or more programming languages such as Java or Python (Python is preferred)
- Awareness of automated testing and continuous integration processes related to data engineering
- Hands-on knowledge of scriptinglanguages (Python, Shell scripts) on Linux Platforms
- Effective team player with minimal supervision and effectively meet project deadlines in an agile environment
- Experience with AWS cloud services such as AWS kinesis, lambda, firehose, etc.
- Prior experience with microservice architecture
- Prior airflow experience
- Passing familiarity with data warehousing techniques and best practices
- Passing familiarity with analytic models and data science use cases
Our Core Values:
- Respect, Honesty, and Integrity for All Stakeholders
- Always be Learning
- Relentless Focus on the Customer
- Never be Satisfied
- Create Value
- Seek Accountability and Ownership
Vibes is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and fosters diversity in the workplace. We offer a career building experience in a fast-paced organization and industry.