Provides expert level data solutions by using software to process, store, and serve data to others. Tests data quality and optimizes data availability. Ensures that data pipelines are scalable, repeatable, and secure. Utilizes the deepest dive analytical skillset on a variety of internal and external data. Leads, instructs, and mentors newer Data Engineering crew.
- Writes ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and, develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
- Troubleshoots software and processes for data consistency and integrity. Integrates complex and large scale data from a variety of sources for business partners to generate insight and make decisions.
- Translates business specifications into design specifications and code. Responsible for writing complex programs, ad hoc queries, and reports. Ensures that all code is well structured, includes sufficient documentation, and is easy to maintain and reuse.
- Partners with internal clients to gain an expert understanding of business functions and informational needs. Works closely with other technical and data analytics experts across the business to implement data solutions.
- Leads all phases of solution development. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients and less experienced team members.
- Assesses data quality and tests code thoroughly for accuracy of intended purpose. Provides data analysis guidance and serves as a technical consultant for the client.
- Educates and develops junior data engineers on the team while applying quality control to their work. Develops data engineering standards and contributes expertise to other data expert teams across Vanguard.
- Tests and implements new software releases through regression testing. Identifies issues and engages with vendors to resolve and elevate software into production.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of eight years data analytics, programming, database administration, or data management experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.