The Data Architect collaborates with customers to evaluate and analyze data requirements toward development of an associated data strategy and architecture.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Validates data integrity and consistency across data models, streams, and analytics.
- Develops consistent structures, processes, and formats toward a standardized data management structure
- Develops complex reports utilizing analytical tools and expertise to meet organizational requirements
- Leads projects and reports on status as requested
- Collaborates with key stake holders in defining data models and analytics to support organizational objectives, operational initiatives, and monitoring
- Collaborates with Quality and Population Health in defining data models for optimal measurement and compliance
- Serves as key liaison with Optum data services toward the development of a collaborative data model and strategy
- Works with leadership in development of a consolidated data strategy.
- Identifies ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or High School Diploma/GED and 4+ years of experience as stated in each bullet below.
- 4+ years of experience working at a system level
- 4+ years of professional SQL programming experience
- 3+ years of experience building data lakes and/or data warehouses.
- 3+ years of experience building dashboards using data tools.
- Experience receiving and manipulating data from third party sources
- Must have a background in creating highly complex data models, along with documenting models through ERD's, data dictionaries, record layouts, and logic flow diagrams
- Experience in data preparation, data profiling, data auditing and data analytics
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
Careers with Optum.
- Master's degree in computer science or related field
- Solid knowledge of healthcare data, specifically health plan (i.e. medical and Rx claims, eligibility, provider data)
- Solid understanding with healthcare coding terminologies (CPT, diagnosis, DRG, etc)
- Proven work experience with algorithm design and implementation
- Solid problem-solving skills
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: data architect, SQL, analytics, data models, project, report, patient data structures, Indianapolis, IN, Indiana, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from home, Work at home