Tesla is re-imagining our enterprise software suite and undertaking a custom solution to replace the existing portfolio of disparate applications. The Data Engineer will own the design and development of the HR data warehouse and all data integrations connected to our homegrown enterprise applications.
- Design & development of the HR data warehouse
- Be involved from inception with the HR Operating Systems initiatives (data capture point) in order to influence the design and ensure that data is delivered in consumable formats and of high-quality
- Develop data integrations from enterprise applications using ETL tools or python
- Work with the People analysts and HR Operations to understand their metrics and reporting requirements and translate them into technical specifications and reports
- Maintain data warehouse tables and the creation of new tables as the EDW grows to include more datasets
- Own encryption keys through automation
- MIS or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 5+ years of progressive experience in the industry or other evidence of exceptional ability.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Tableau 8.0 or higher.
- Hands on experience with ETL tools and creating data management frameworks and tools for analysts.
- Development experience with Hadoop, Spark and big data tools
- Python experience is a plus
- Thorough research, problem solving and analytical skills, combined with strong business acumen
- Enthusiasm for analyzing complex data sets and converting them into the information which drives business decisions.
- Strong SQL skills; understanding of data warehousing principals and relational databases. Strong ability to prepare and present data in a visually appealing and easy to understand manner.
- Experience writing technical documentation and user guides; providing end-user training and support.
- A strong voice for data integrity and reporting quality utilizing best practices and industry standards.