Careers at Rally Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses.
Our mission at Rally® is to empower individuals to take control of their health through personalized, data-driven health care information and recommendations that lead to better outcomes. We leverage our digital platform and leading-edge technology to make health care data accessible wherever and whenever people need it, all while ensuring safety and reliability. Here, you'll help people find the right doctors, give them a clear breakdown of costs, incentivize them to stay focused on their overall health with daily goals, and help them earn rewards such as discounts on a wide range of goods as well as bonuses for reaching fitness objectives. As part of our Rally® team, you'll have the opportunity to drive change with an innovative healthcare technology company that is dedicated to creating a culture of healthy living. Help us bring real change to healthcare and you'll experience what it's like to do your life's best work.(sm)
Join Rally Health as a Senior or Principal Data Engineer where you will partner with product managers and data consumers to meet our internal analytics and client data needs. You will use our modern data platform - which uses infrastructure and tools like Kafka, MongoDB, Postgres, Spark, Databricks, Airflow, Amazon S3, and Amazon Redshift. You will oversee the entire lifecycle of data pipeline development from data discovery and design to quality and maintenance. As part of the larger Data Engineering team, you will report to an Engineering Manager. We recognize that people come from a diverse set of backgrounds and skills and we welcome all to apply.
If you are located within the state of AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, IL, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, or WA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Play an important role in the discovery, design, development, and validation of big data pipelines
- Build scalable Spark pipelines for large-scale healthcare data
- Build datasets and data products that support population health management and positive recommendations that allow individuals to improve their health and manage their costs
- Optimize data pipelines to handle growing data volumes
- Collaborate on designs for data pipelines and data tooling that meet performance and data quality standards
- Help with team goals including the support of live 24/7 production systems
- Participate in business analysis and data discovery to gather data requirements
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience and 5+ years or MS and 3+ years of experience in distributed systems, data engineering, software engineering or similar fields
- Solid coding skills in a language such as Scala, Java or Python
- Experience in Big Data technologies
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience with Airflow or another workflow orchestration framework
- Experience with data visualization or BI tools
- Exposure to data modeling methodologies such as Kimball and Inman
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status. Careers with Optum
. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Data Engineer, Chicago, IL, Illinois, Minneapolis, Minnesota, MN, Washington, District of Columbia, DC, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote