You are a strong data engineer with extensive experience in data architecture, data modeling, and data management. You are passionate about building a strong data foundation for TapResearch. You will be working cross-functionally with product management, business stakeholders, and application engineers to build data pipelines, infrastructure, and models that empower data-driven decisions.
You are both an independent and a good team player, a great problem solver, and have a strong commitment to writing quality, efficient software. You will collaborate with a highly autonomous team of talented individuals and your work will have a high impact on tens of millions of users starting on day one.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with cross-functional teams to produce high performance, scalable data engineering solutions.
- Design, build, and monitor pipelines to deliver data with measurable quality.
- Partner with business stakeholders to transform raw data into actionable data models and insights.
- Lead the overall strategy for data governance, quality, and retention that will satisfy business policies and requirements.
- 5+ years experience with data engineering
- Proficient with MySQL and relational datastores.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language. Python preferred.
- Experience with Cloud-based service and development environment, such as AWS or GCP
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Experience with Periscope or other business intelligence tools is a plus
- Previous startup experience strongly preferred
- We use a variety of open source languages and frameworks -- Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, iOS, Android, Unity
- We are also reliant on AWS, MySQL, Redis, Redshift, Kibana, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, Terraform, and Capistrano.
Along with competitive compensation, TapResearch offers first-class benefits to all of its employees including:
- Unlimited PTO.
- 100% Healthcare Premium Reimbursement.
- Stock options.
- New Macbook, company swag kit.