SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it!
Stitcher is the world's largest pure-play podcasting company. We started as beloved comedy podcast network Earwolf; via Midroll, we provide ad sales and distribution services to 300+ shows such as WTF with Marc Maron, Oprah's SuperSoul Conversations and many more; and with Stitcher, we own one of the largest podcast apps and a network of original content from talent such as Bill Nye and LeVar Burton. We're on a mission to transform podcasting into a major part of the media landscape, and we're looking for like-minded enthusiasts to help.
We’re hiring a Senior Data Engineer to join our team! Your primary role will be to provide senior level contribution on the team responsible for architecting, deployment and support of Stitcher’s Data Platforms. You’ll improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop data solutions in collaboration with other team members and software engineering teams that meet and anticipate business goals and strategies
- Work with senior data science engineers in analyzing and understanding all aspects of data, including source, design, insight, technology and modeling
- Develop and manage scalable data processing platforms for both exploratory and real-time analytics
- Oversee and develop algorithms for quick data acquisition, analysis and evolution of the data model to improve search and recommendation engines.
- Document and demonstrate solutions
- Design system specifications and provide standards and best practices
- Support and mentor junior data engineers by providing advice and coaching
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver, constantly striving to improve and iterate on both processes and technical solutions
- Remain cool and effective in a crisis
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
- Take initiative, own the problem and own the solution
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years experience in data engineering development
- 5+ years experience working in object oriented programming languages such as Python or Java
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Requirements and General Skills:
- Essential technologies: Python, R, Java, PHP, AWS, RDS, Spark, Hadoop, Redshift, Elastic Search, AWS GLUE, Docker Containers, Memcache, Git/Gitlab, Relational databases (Postgres, MySQL), Linux, Web Servers (Apache, Nginx)
- Desired technologies: Talend ETL, Airflow
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Ability to take direction at a high level and accomplish goals without being assigned specific tasks.