If you are passionate about data, not afraid of dealing with billions of rows, terabytes of data and find this sort of thing super fun, we need you! Come and join us!
- Develop data expertise, be a data steward evangelist, and own data pipelines.
- Architect, build, and deploy new data solutions that provide forward-thinking data opportunities.
- Design and develop extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move massive amounts of data into the Data Warehouse and other data platforms.
- Use expert coding skills in Python, shell and Java/Scala.
- Own solutions end-to-end.
- Develop and implement data auditing strategies and processes to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist in construction of enterprise data warehouse.
- Unmistakable passion for solving difficult data problems.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate data technologies and architectures.
- Advanced / expert SQL skills and solid python and shell scripting.
- 2+ years of Data Warehouse, ETL Design and Implementation.
- Some RDBMS knowledge OLTP and/or analytic columnar RDBMS including data modeling concepts (3NF vs Dimensional modeling).
- Experience working with an MPP system or Map Reduce.
- 2+ years of Java or other OO development experience, with source code control and build/release process.
These are good too:
- Machine learning and recommendation systems
- Experience with Vertica, Tableau, MySQL, Hive, Spark
- Bio, medical or social field experiences
- Passion for something that Smule is about: music, games, social experiences, outstanding software