The Senior Data Engineer (SDE) position requires a creative problem solver who is passionate about client service. This position is responsible for the tools and processes that enable efficient extraction and analysis of data from client Enterprise Resource Planning and other Management Information Systems. This Senior Data Engineer will interface with client organizations and internal stakeholders to define data requirements, design/implement a strategy to extract the data, and then deploy the tools so that end users can analyze it. As such, strong communication and team skills are necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leverage agile project management techniques. Communicating project status to key stakeholders will be an ongoing responsibility.
- Analyze large data at terabyte scale using modern database technologies.
- Develop code in Java or Python to support ETL process, and contribute to existing code bases.
- Collaborate with remote and local teammates to ensure efficient design and timely completion of deliverables.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Five years of full-time work experience is required.
- Work experience in client facing, consulting or implementation roles is considered a very strong differentiator.
- A bachelor's degree or master's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science is strongly preferred. Other STEM degrees with relevant work experience or coursework are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience with an enterprise database or a NoSQL project is required.
- Implementation experience with a major ERP system is a plus.
The candidate must have a strong command of SQL and either Java or Python to complete this job successfully. Knowledge of R or Linux will be very helpful. Ability to work in the Microsoft Office suite is, of course, required.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required.
Requires limited supervisory responsibilities, including training employees, assigning work, and assuring quality throughout any deliverables.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull up to 10 lbs.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees and clients both in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Independent travel requirement: 20 to 30%.