Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer focused on our data stack, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
One of Doximity's core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don't check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people that don't fit a mold, join us!
About The Job
As a Data Engineering Manager at Doximity, we expect you to support and enable 3-7 data engineers in doing the best work of their careers. You will do this through strong leadership skills combined with technical expertise and product familiarity. Indeed, we expect you to be an excellent manager but also to roll-up your sleeves and make technical contributions. Our belief in technical leaders is so strong that your first six months at Doximity will consist of ramping up as an individual contributor. During this time, you will develop your product context and learn the data team's engineering patterns before tackling any leadership challenges.
- You will play a liaison role alongside Data, Product, and Engineering teams. Fostering relationships with other engineering managers, product managers and technical leads.
- You will contribute to the technical direction of software products.
- You will aid in iteration planning, retrospectives, and devise effective delegation strategies for you and your team.
- You will review code, write technical proposals, and help your team grow by recruiting, training, and aiding in career progression plans.
- You will strive to keep the team pragmatic, shipping, and focused on adding business value while maintaining a cohesive software stack.
- You will be contributing to at least one large or medium-sized data project at any given time.
- You are a data engineer at heart; excited to roll up your sleeves and help with hands-on data engineering problems.
- You have at least 2 years of experience as an Engineering Manager for a data-focused team of at least 3 members.
- You are passionate about helping others improve and grow their career by exercising coaching, mentorship, and delegation.
- You know what it takes to push major data projects through a development lifecycle.
- You are passionate about using data to make a large impact on the product and the business.
- You are fluent in Python and SQL.
- You have professional experience architecting, developing, and shipping data and ETL pipelines of all sizes. You do so through the lens of treating pipelines themselves as software.
- You understand the importance of carefully crafting and designing data models using methods like object-relational, entity-relationship, or dimensional modeling.
- You default to concise and effective written and verbal communication.
- Your leadership style is servant to the team and starts with empathy; you trust your team to make the right decision and empower them to execute.
Benefits & Perks
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, educational resources and conference access
- Family support and planning benefits
- Pre-IPO stock incentives