Job descriptionJob Purpose:
The Data Engineer
(Sr. Application Development Specialist) is responsible for the design, development and testing of applications in a relational data warehouse environment. They will also document solutions and move solutions to production.Job Requirements:
Knowledge of academic field(s) or discipline(s):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or knowledge acquired through equivalent experience.
Work experience: -
Knowledge of technology:
- 4 - 10 years of SDLC experience in database development and ETL.
- Strong design and development experience of database solutions on relational databases.
- Strong experience developing ETL/ELT solutions using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Some BI development experience building reports, dashboards etc. preferably using Tableau.
- A drive to cut through requirements or the lack of it, learn and implement solutions as quickly as possible.
Nice to have experience:
- Experience developing on cloud platforms, preferably AWS.
- Big data technologies and predictive analytics.
Other specific knowledge/ key competencies:
- Communicate timely and proactively. Work in a team environment amiably.
- Take ownership of work and be autonomous.
- Be open to changes and new technologies. Bring about ideas to optimize and innovate.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .